What do you charge?
55 Minute Session: $165
55 Minute Couples Session: $185
90 Minute Session: $240
During COVID-19 I am offering online sessions. When our world returns to a more normal state, I will resume in person sessions at my office in south Austin.
What is your cancellation policy? 24 hours.
If you have not contacted me at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time, you will still be responsible to pay for the full session. Please be aware, insurance will not cover missed appointments so you will cover the full cost rather than your copay.
What if I’d like to work with you, but you’re not in network for my insurance provider…
I am with BCBS PPO, if you have a plan other than this your insurance company will consider me an “out of network provider” and, depending on your plan and deductible, may reimburse you some of your session cost. You can call your insurance provider and ask them the following questions”
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- Are there any limitations to the type of mental health services covered?
- Do I have a deductible that has to be met before benefits kick in for out of network providers; what is it, and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? What will I be reimbursed?
- Is prior authorization required? If so, from who and how often do I need authorization? (Some providers give approval for a certain number of sessions and request re-authorization after that number has been met. This is generally not the case for BCBS.)
- Are there any documents I need to submit along with my “statement of services receipt”? (generally, no.)
- How many sessions per year will insurance cover?
Though it can be of financial benefit to use your insurance, some clients decide to not use insurance as they do not want a third party involved with their treatment. Using insurance means that your insurance company will have the ability to request and review your records, and that a diagnosis will be required and listed on your PHI records.