What do you charge?
$165 for a 55 minute session.
I realize that therapy is an investment and, for some, it can seem out of reach. I strive to serve a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds. Please talk to me if cost is a barrier.
Do you accept Insurance?
Yes, I accept BCBS PPO.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you have not cancelled 24 hours prior to your appointment, you will be charged your full fee for your session. Please be aware, insurance will not cover missed appointments so you will cover the full cost.
I’d like to work with you, but you don’t take my insurance…
You can still work with me. If I don’t take your insurance plan, I am happy to work with you to help you understand your out-of-network benefits and options.
Your insurance company will consider me an “out of network provider” and, depending on your plan and deductible, may reimburse you some of your session cost. Here are some questions to ask your insurance provider:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- What type of mental health services is covered?
- Do I have a deductible; what is it, and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? What will I be reimbursed?
- Is prior authorization required? If so, from who and how often do I need authorization? (Some providers give approval for a certain number of sessions and request re-authorization after that number has been met.)
- Are there any documents I need to submit along with my “statement of services receipt”? (generally, no.)
- How many sessions per year insurance will cover?
Though it can be of financial benefit to use your insurance, some clients decide to not use insurance as they do not want a third party involved with their treatment. Using insurance will mean that your insurance company will have the ability to request and review your records, and that a diagnosis will be required and listed on your PHI records.