What do you charge?
55 Minute Session: $135-$165
55 Minute Couples Session: $175
During COVID-19 I am offering online sessions. When our world returns to a more normal state, I will resume in person sessions at my office in south Austin.
I recognize that therapy is a significant investment and, for some, can feel out of reach. If finances have kept you from finding the right therapist, please talk with me, I may be able to offer a sliding scale based on your circumstances or help connect you with another therapist who can work with you.
What if I’d like to work with you, but you’re not in network for my insurance provider…
I am with BCBS PPO, if you have a plan other than this your insurance company will consider me an “out of network provider” and, depending on your plan and deductible, may reimburse you some of your session cost. You can call your insurance provider and ask them the following questions.
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- Are there any limitations to the type of mental health services covered or the number of sessions per year?
- Do I have a deductible to meet before benefits kick in for out of network providers; what is it, and has it been met?
- How is my reimbursement determined? What will I be reimbursed?
- Is prior authorization required? If so, from who and how often do I need authorization? (Some providers give approval for a certain number of sessions and request re-authorization after that number has been met. This is generally not the case for BCBS.)
- Are there any documents I need to submit along with my “statement of services receipt”? (generally, no.)
Though it can be of financial benefit to use your insurance, some clients decide to not use insurance as they do not want a third party involved in evaluating with their health and wellness. Using insurance means that your insurance company will have the ability to request and review your records, a diagnosis will be required and listed on your PHI records, and I may have to periodically present a case evaluation in order to continue our work.