How much does a counseling session cost?
My full fee is $140 for a 50 minute session.
I realize that therapy is an investment and, for some, it can seem out of reach. I strive to serve a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and reserve a limited number of sliding scale appointments. Please feel free to talk to me about this option if cost is a barrier.
I accept cash, check, or credit card, including FSA cards. When you pay with cash or check, you help me to continue offering reduced fees to those in need. Payment is due at the time of service.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, I accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans.
I’d like to work with you, but you don’t take my insurance.
You can still work with me. Your insurance company will consider me an “out of network provider”. Depending on your plan and deductible, your insurance may reimburse you some of your session cost. I’ve included some questions below which you can ask your insurance company to determine if and how much they will reimburse you.
Though it can be of financial benefit to use your insurance, some clients decide to not use insurance as they do not want a third party involved with their treatment. Using insurance will mean that your insurance company will have the ability to request and review your records, and that a diagnosis will be required and listed on your PHI records.
In order to determine if your plan allows for out of network benefits, contact your insurance provider and ask the following questions.
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- What types of mental health services are covered, individual, couples, family, group?
- Do I have a deductible, what is it, and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? What will I be reimbursed?
- Are there other documents I need to submit along with my “walkout statement”?
- Is there a limit to how many sessions per year insurance will cover?
- Is prior authorization required? If so, from who and how often do I need authorization? (some insurance providers will give approval for a certain number of sessions and then you must request authorization again.)
If you do plan on filing, just let me know and I will provide a “statement of services receipt” to submit.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you miss your appointment or have not cancelled with at least 24 hours notice before your appointment time, you will be required to pay the full fee for your session. I do take emergencies and health issues into consideration on a case-by-case basis. If you are using your insurance, please be aware you will be responsible for the full fee (not your copay) as insurance will not cover missed appointments.
If you have to reschedule with less than 24 hours notice, and we can find a time within the next 4 days, there is a $40 rescheduling fee. This offsets the missed appointment fee.