Finding the right fit is of utmost importance. I am looking to fill an opening for an LPC Associate, available in the Spring of 2022. Ideal candidates are those looking to work in a private practice setting, attachment and trauma focused, creative thinkers, and motivated self-starters. To start our conversation, I’d love to hear more about you, your goals, and your vision.
ACCEPTING, INTERACTIVE, AND RESPONSIVE
I am a highly collaborative supervisor. As such I look for clinicians who:
- are trauma and attachment/relational focused
- are self motivated and creative thinkers
- want to work in a private practice setting and learn the business of private practice
- dedicated to developing a strong sense of who they are as a clinician and business owner
- seeking to deepen their clinical skills and willing to explore their growth edges
- sex positive and queer-, poly-, or kink-affirming
I view my role as
- a teacher I am a sounding board and guide for clinical and ethical issues that arise in therapy. I am invested supporting you as you become a confident, flexible, grounded and respected clinician.
- a mentor I tend to the personal aspects of becoming a therapist, identifying and supporting your areas of growth and self care.
- a consultant I educate and help navigate the business aspects needed to manifest your vision towards a full licensed therapist. Having built my business from the ground up and having worked in the corporate world, I offer practical guidance as to the ins and outs of the skills and fortitude needed to be a successful and ethical business owner.
I value the variety of experiences and backgrounds that people bring with them and strive to provide a supportive environment that encourages inquiry and mastery. I’m always pushing my growth edges and deepening my skills by attending trainings and seeking out diverse voices and experiences. I will challenge you to do the same.
I have over a decade of experience working with grief and loss, childhood trauma and complex PTSD, shame, and relationship issues. I am adult adoptee, and specialize in working with adults of adoption. I am sex positive, LGBTQI ally, and all-inclusive therapist.
My work is attachment and somatically oriented. I draw from NARM (NeuroAffective Relational Model) and Somatic Experiencing and incorporate elements from my training in EMDR, Attachment Theory, and IPNB. My couples/relationship work draws from Gottman and Attachment theory as well as applied improv (yup) and I work with both monogamous and consensual non-monogamous relationships. Please feel free to review my full list of education and training.
My therapeutic career started as a grief therapist for Austin’s Center for Grief and Loss and time with Paladin, a dual diagnosis outpatient treatment center. I have a thriving private practice in south Austin and founded Resilience Austin.
Though now I couldn’t imagine being anything else, I haven’t always been a therapist. I started out at school with a degree in photography and design worked as a graphic and UI designer in the corporate world, a photographer, consultant, and eventually creative director. I also created a card game to help adults undo the taboo around talking about death.
LPC ASSOCIATE SUPERVISION
4+ hours of supervision each month, alternating weekly between individual and group supervision.
Individual Supervision: 1 hour of one-on-one supervision in person or virtual.
Group Supervision: 2 hours in a group with peers.
Currently there are two groups. Thursdays at 10am-12pm. Wednesdays at 10am-12pm.
- Private Practice Development. Come the end of February Associates will be able to open a practice! As I know many of the skills needed for this are not taught at school, I offer rich discussions and resources to building an ethical, sustainable, and thriving private practice. Areas we delve into discussion on: developing relationships, insight into the finances of running a practice, setting and discussing fees, strategies for finding clients, record keeping, establishing a voice and vision, and defining your values. I’ve had numerous associates level up to full licensure with a thriving practice already established.
- Opportunity to gain experience in a private practice environment through RESILIENCE AUSTIN
Resilience Austin is an attachment focused small agency working with individuals and couples emerging from grief and trauma. We approach healing through relational and somatic trauma informed approaches. You’ll work in an environment where you are respected, can develop your business skills, work with motivated clients, and can establish yourself early in your career so you can thrive. You’ll work with me and a small, connected team of like minded therapists. Learn more about Resilience Austin
- Accessibility between sessions and emergency access when needed.
- Abundance of resources and support.
- Training in HIPAA, writing ethical and efficient session notes, treatment planning, and working with suicidality.